After a successful inaugural year, the Disneyland® Resort is proud to continue the recognition of Orange County high school students! Deeply rooted in Disney’s commitment to supporting youth and the community, Disneyland® Resort Dreamers & Doers celebrates the power of possibility and recognizes youth who take action to improve their communities, homes and schools.
In February 2016, students from across Orange County were recognized for their various efforts and contributions to their communities. 60 students from 40 different Orange County high schools were selected as Shining Stars, and six were awarded as the program’s top Luminaries. These deserving students were invited to the Disneyland Resort to celebrate their achievements with family, friends and school representatives during a luncheon held in their honor. They also had the opportunity to attend a day-long educational symposium, focusing on leadership development and collaborative problem solving.
The Disneyland Resort strives to drive positive change through four focus areas: Strengthen Community, Think Creatively, Conserve Nature, Live Healthier. We invite Orange County high school students once again to share their stories of how they are taking action to create a brighter tomorrow in these four focus areas:
- Strengthen Community: Bring hope, happiness, and comfort to children and families.
- Think Creatively: Nurture creative thinking skills to inspire children and families to create the future they imagine.
- Conserve Nature: Connect children and families with nature to build lifelong conservation values.
- Live Healthier: Make healthier living fun and accessible.
Whether it’s tutoring children at a local school, participating in a neighborhood trash clean-up, fundraising for a cure, or starting a school club, Disneyland® Resort Dreamers & Doers will once again recognize Orange County high school students who dream of making the world around them a better place.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Be a current resident of Orange County, California
- Currently attend an Orange County public, private or charter high school
- Be in good academic and character standing, as verified by the high school
- Submit a completed application to school administration by the specified deadline
- Students can only be nominated once during their high school career
- Submit a signed form of authorization to use likeness, voice and/or written correspondence
Instructions for Students:
- To apply, verify your school’s participation and application submission process
- Submit a completed application to your high school’s main office September 12 – October 31, 2016
The student application period for the 2016-17 Disneyland Resort Dreamers & Doers program is now closed.
Instructions for School Administrators:
- Confirm that students meet all of the Eligibility Criteria
- Nominate up to two students from the high school as a Dreamer and Doer by completing the online nomination October 31 – November 18, 2016
- If a school representative is submitting nominations on behalf of the school principal or vice principal, please ensure those administrators are aware of the nomination prior to completing the online nomination. Once two nominations have been submitted by a school, all other subsequent nominations will be rejected.
- Shortly after the nomination period is complete, students will receive a congratulatory email notifying them of their nomination.
- For questions on how to complete the online nomination process, please contact Disneyland Resort Corporate Citizenship at DLR.Corporate.Citizenship@Disney.com.
- Student Application Period: September 12 – October 31, 2016
- Dreamers and Doers Nomination (by school administration): October 31 – November 18, 2016
- Shining Star & Luminary Selection: December 1 – 16, 2016
- Celebration Luncheon: February 2017
- Symposium: Spring 2017
Here is what students can win . . .
- Each student nominated by their school will be recognized as a Dreamer and Doer and receive two (2) Disneyland® Resort 1-Day Park-Hopper Tickets and a certificate of recognition.
- From the nominated group of Dreamers and Doers, up to 35 students will be identified as a Shining Star and invited to attend a Celebration Luncheon with two family members and a representative from their school.
- To inspire fellow students to make their school a better place, each of the students selected as a Shining Star will receive a $1,000 pay-it-forward grant for their school, as well as a Dreamers & Doers branded medal of recognition.
- Five Luminaries will be selected, and in recognition will receive a Disneyland Resort weekend prize package to enjoy with their families. They will also have the opportunity to select an Orange County non-profit organization of their choice to be awarded a $3,000 grant on their behalf!
- Shining Stars and Luminaries will have the opportunity to attend an educational symposium in spring 2017.
For more information about Disneyland® Resort Dreamers & Doers, please contact Disneyland Resort Corporate Citizenship at DLR.Corporate.Citizenship@Disney.com.