“The greatest moments in life are not concerned with selfish achievements,
but rather with the things we do for others.”
– Walt Disney
Dreamers & Doers celebrates the power of possibility and honors students who are taking action to improve their communities and schools through four focus areas: Strengthen Communities, Think Creatively, Conserve Nature and Live Healthier.
Since 2015, Dreamers & Doers has recognized almost 200 students from more than 45 high schools, awarding over $120,000 in grants to Orange County high schools and nonprofit organizations.
This year, the Resort looks forward to honoring even more students for their outstanding efforts in giving back to their communities and schools. We invite eligible students to once again share their stories of how they are taking action to create a brighter tomorrow.
How To Apply:
Please complete the application and submit to your high school’s administration office by October 13, 2017.
- Student Application Period: 8/09/2017 – 10/13/2017
- School Administrator Nomination Period: 10/16/2017 – 11/03/2017
- Dreamers & Doers Notification: Week of 11/06/2017 – 11/10/2017
- Shining Star Selection & Notification: December 2017
- Luminary Selection: January 2018
- Symposium & Luncheon (Shining Stars only): Spring 2018
- Be a current resident of Orange County, California
- Currently attend an Orange County public, private or charter high school
- Be in good academic and character standing, as verified by a high school administrator
- Submit a completed application to school administration by the specified deadline
- Students may only be nominated once during their high school career
- Submit a signed form of authorization to use likeness, voice and/or written correspondence
Here’s how it works:
- August 9 – October 13, 2017: Students self-nominate by completing an application and submitting it to their school administration office.
- October 16 – November 3, 2017: Administration from each eligible school will select up to two students to nominate to Disneyland Resort Corporate Citizenship as a Dreamer and Doer.
- Representatives of the Disneyland Resort will select the Shining Stars, and a panel of community leaders will select the Luminaries.
- As a way of showing appreciation for students’ efforts to give back to the community, nominated Dreamers and Doers may be eligible to receive Disneyland Resort theme park tickets, an invitation to a symposium and celebratory luncheon, a stay at the Disneyland Hotel, and more.
- High schools of students selected as a Shining Star will receive a $1,000 grant per student, and a school administrator will also attend the celebratory luncheon.
- Students selected as a Luminary will have the opportunity to award a $3,000 grant to their favorite Orange County charitable organization.
For more information, please contact DLR.Corporate.Citizenship@Disney.com.