Creativity is the heart and soul of Disney. By inspiring creativity in young people today, we hope to ignite the spark of innovation that will lead us to a brighter tomorrow.
The Disneyland Resort CREATE Grants program provides Orange County teachers with classroom materials that support visual and performing arts. Since its inception in 1994, the Resort has contributed over $1.8 million to support the arts in Orange County public schools.
In honor of the Disneyland Resort 60th Diamond Celebration, the Resort will provide up to $60,000 in grants to help fund creative and innovative projects!
Funding is available for visual and performing arts experiences both inside and outside of the classroom. From basic art supplies to field trips to local theatre, Disneyland Resort encourages teachers to submit their creative ideas (see DonorsChoose.org field trip and material eligibility requirements).
Our goal is to motivate generations of young people to harness the power of creativity. The world’s next great artists, innovators, athletes, engineers, communicators, architects, zoologist and dreamers are out there. By inspiring creativity in young people today, we hope to ignite the spark of innovation that will lead us to a brighter tomorrow.
We invite teachers to Think Creatively and submit projects that foster one or more of the following skills:
- Problem Solving
- Applications will be accepted from full-time, district-employed teachers from K-12 public schools in the Orange County, CA school system
- One project per teacher
- Grants will be awarded up to $750. Please note that the total cost will include fulfillment expenses, therefore material costs should total approximately $500.
Double Your Impact
This year we invite you to engage other citizen philanthropists in funding your project. Powered by DonorsChoose.org, Double Your Impact provides a 50% match offer to projects that meet specific criteria.
Here’s how it works …
Simply post a project that meets the Disneyland® Resort CREATE Grants criteria. If your project is selected, Disneyland Resort will fund half of the total amount, making the project “half-off” for donors. Please note that funding is only applied to projects if citizens fund the other 50% before grant funds run out or before your project deadline.
- From June 8, 2015- February 28, 2016, visit http://www.donorschoose.org/teachers to complete your project request.
- Create a project on the DonorsChoose.org website, which will guide you through selecting items and describing the impact the materials will have on your students.
- Disneyland Resort will consider projects whose total cost is $750 or less.
- Select “Music & Arts” as your project’s focus. In your responses, include the following information:
- The words “Disneyland CREATE”
- How your project provides a unique and lasting experience that challenges students to Think Creatively
- How your project applies one or more of the following skills:
- Problem Solving
- The timeline of when you plan to implement your project
- Your project will be posted online and available for funding from individual donors. If selected for a Disneyland Resort CREATE Grant, 50% of the total amount will be funded by the Resort.
- Projects will be available for matching funds once a project is selected. Please note that in order to receive Disneyland® Resort CREATE Grant funding, the entire project must be fully funded by the deadline.
- If you have questions please check out the DonorsChoose.org Help Center.
By proceeding to the application, you agree that the project listed on your application has been approved by and adheres to the standards and guidelines set forth by the school and district to which you are affiliated.
APPLY BETWEEN JUNE 8, 2015- FEBRUARY 28, 2016