Ambassador Program »
Executive Leadership »
Mickey’s Attic »
Wish Granting »
in Anaheim »
The Disney Wish Program is a collaboration between the Disneyland® Resort and approved nonprofit wish-granting organizations that make wishes come true for children with life-threatening medical conditions. More than 750 wishes are granted each year at the Resort, and countless memories are made with each visit.
Disney’s history of wish granting began when Walt Disney opened Disneyland® Park and hosted children from around the world. In 1981, Disney partnered with the newly launched Make-A-Wish Foundation to help grant the Foundation’s first official wish – a trip to Disneyland Park for 7-year-old Frank “Bopsy” Salazar.
About the Disney Wish Program
Through our Disney Wish program, we fulfill first wishes referred by approved nonprofit wish-granting organizations that make wishes come true for children, ages two and a half to 18 years old, with life-threatening medical conditions. All wish requests must be submitted through a recognized and registered nonprofit wish-granting organization; we do not accept wish requests directly from individuals.
Wish Request Process
If you know a child who would like to participate in this program, please contact your local wish granting organization directly, as we are unable to accept requests directly from families or individuals.
Wish Granting Organizations
Organizations who are interested in registering with the Disneyland Resort as an approved wish granting organization must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, in good standing within the last 12 months and verifiable in Guidestar.
- Must have stated mission to grant wishes to children who have experienced a life-threatening medical condition.
- Must only grant “first wishes.” Organizations that grant “second wishes” will not be eligible.
- The child must be between the ages of two and a half and 18 years old at the time the request is submitted.
- The child’s primary wish must be to visit the Disneyland® Resort. The wish must be unprompted and expressly requested by the child as part of the question “What is your Wish?”
- A Medical Authorization Form from the child’s physician must be submitted with the initial request.
For your organization to be considered for the Disney Wish Program, please complete the following Disney Wish Program Application.