Request Assistance »
Our mission is to develop opportunities for Disneyland Resort cast members and their families to contribute personal time, expertise and effort to make a positive impact on our community while furthering the ideals of The Walt Disney Company.
Disney VoluntEARS History
In 1983, Disneyland Resort cast members expressed a desire to form a team focused on providing meaningful service to the community. This idea soon culminated with the creation of the Disneyland Community Action Team. This dedicated group of Disneyland Resort cast members assisted many nonprofit organizations in Orange County, California.
The team achieved great success in their support of charitable organizations, and the momentum led to a company-wide launch of the Disney VoluntEARS in 1992. Today, Disney VoluntEARS work on meaningful projects across the globe, with a primary focus on communities where Disney business units operate.
Disneyland Resort Projects
- Resort VoluntEARS focus efforts primarily on projects benefiting children and families, with other key areas of focus including support of education, health, the environment, arts, social service initiatives and military outreach.
- Some of the 2011 Disneyland Resort VoluntEARS accomplishments include:
- Contributing more than 85,000 hours of community service hours through more than 160 VoluntEARS projects each year.
- Donating more than 500 pints of blood to the Providence Health Services and the American Red Cross during blood drives at the Disneyland Resort.
- Donating thousands of toys to the Toys for Tots Foundation.
- Providing support to more than 700 individuals as part of the Disney VoluntEARS holiday Adopt-A-Family program.